Thursday, May 3, 2012

Soon to be Solo

The day is almost upon us when Satpreet and I go our separate ways.

Of course there will be a lot that happens before then.
 We still have Navi's engagement to go to on Saturday, and all the final preparation for it tomorrow (I've been informed we're getting henna done. Woot woot!).

But to be completely honest I'm sad to say goodbye.
There has always been so much depth to my friendship with Satpreet. But this trip has given our friendship width.
So much width.
And it's sad to know that this probably won't happen again. I'm not referring to the India part. Not even the part where we're together nearly 24 hours a day. I just mean we probably won't ever be in the same place for this long again.

But I am thankful for the time that we have had. So unbelievably thankful.
We've learned so much more about each other and the world these past few weeks. I think a big part of the reason why I haven't written very much in my blog or journal, is because we are constantly processing things together in conversation. By the time my fingers get a hold of a pen or a keyboard I feel like there's nothing left to express. I've already let the contents of my heart spill out in speech.

So I will miss Satpreet come next week when she returns to the States and I move on to whatever it is that I'm going to do. But I am excited for the summer she has ahead at Penland. It will be full of creativity, beautiful art, and wonderful people. And I'm excited for what lies ahead in her future. Because God has given her a mind and a spirit that is capable of so much.

1 comment:

  1. That is the best gift ever from a friend. So beautifully written. <3

    ReplyDelete